It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 15:06 
Amateur Manager
Amateur Manager

I have a quick suggestion. I think all National Team rosters should be locked for the group stage. The problem I have run into over the years is that I might get matched up with the team in the group that is expected to just get 1 point to keep their job. I then will draw against them because they have put their best squad out there. Once they get that one point they drop all of their best players to create a youth squad. So now, the team I am fighting with to get to the knock-out stage gets to play this youth team twice. If we lock the rosters for the group stage, this will prevent this unrealistic scenario from happening.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 15:30 
I'm a lucky pretty little girl!

Team: Dnipro
Division: 4A
Nat. Team: Colombia
jweiss21 wrote:
I have a quick suggestion. I think all National Team rosters should be locked for the group stage. The problem I have run into over the years is that I might get matched up with the team in the group that is expected to just get 1 point to keep their job. I then will draw against them because they have put their best squad out there. Once they get that one point they drop all of their best players to create a youth squad. So now, the team I am fighting with to get to the knock-out stage gets to play this youth team twice. If we lock the rosters for the group stage, this will prevent this unrealistic scenario from happening.

youth strategies are allowed if the goal is complete.
it is an advantage of have a 1 point challenge.
it is one of the only ways a bad NT can eventually get good...

Thumbs up for under water welding !

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 18:16 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Insteed i would like to have the possibility to play youngs guys for the 6 matches hoping i get 1 point.

But with the actuals rules i can't play young people before getting 1 point or i'll be fired for NT abuse.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 22:42 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

Mister James wrote:
Insteed i would like to have the possibility to play youngs guys for the 6 matches hoping i get 1 point.

But with the actuals rules i can't play young people before getting 1 point or i'll be fired for NT abuse.

Correction you will be fired not becouse of NT abuse, but becouse you just could not reach your minimun goal.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 02:34 

Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

Correction you will be fired not becouse of NT abuse, but becouse you just could not reach your minimun goal.

Hey, you still in the youth tourney or you get knocked out ??? (cruz azul)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 14:33 
Legend
Legend

Team: HJK
Division: 2A
Division:: 2A
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

I got fired a few season ago for abuse after I got my minimum goal

http://www.kvmechelen.be
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 15:36 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

I mean that if i play a young team for the FIRST match i'll be fired for NT abuse. Not for not reaching the goal because i have 6 matches to gain that point. Isn't it so ? Can i play a young teams for the 6 matches and await the end of the 6 matches to see if i reach my goal or not ?

PS : my goal is already reached but interested to know your point

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 20:35 
Legend
Legend

Mister James wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

I mean that if i play a young team for the FIRST match i'll be fired for NT abuse. Not for not reaching the goal because i have 6 matches to gain that point. Isn't it so ? Can i play a young teams for the 6 matches and await the end of the 6 matches to see if i reach my goal or not ?

You can play youths from match 1 if you like, as long as you are selecting the best players for that strategy (e.g. you might decide to pick the best eleven 20-21yos and that would be OK). As long as you managed to pick up a point (if that was your goal) you would keep your job.

In short, you can use what strategy you want. You just have to be fair and pick the best team for that strategy. But you still need to complete the goal.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 00:18 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

That might have been couse you used your own players when there were better ones to use. Giving a mediocre youth 8 NT matches when there is another one better and you gave him 0 games, is an abuse, I am not aware of your particular case, but wich were the reasons you were given to be fired?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 00:24 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

Mister James wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

It´s not a question of points of view here... The facts are.

You can select any squad you like as long as the ones called up are the best possible. If you select a youth strategy (trying to play as youth as possible) you have to select the hottest prospects. If you call up a youth, let´s say 20yo 20k and you give him 6 games, but you also have a selectable 20yo 35k player and you give him 0 games then you could be judged under NT abuse.
If you play the best possible team (youth or old) during your NT games and you achieve your goal you won´t be fired UNLESS you don´t reach your minimun goal. How you get to that goal it really doesn´t matter. If you took your chances and played a very youth squad but still managed to reach your goal, then it´s perfectly fair.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 07:55 
Veteran Manager
Veteran Manager

Team: Bordeaux FCDG
Division: 2C
Division:: 2C
it's all subject to debate though

i, for one, take care mostly of the main attributes for a player, rather than wage.. so if for example a 21yo 28k striker has better mains than a 21yo 37k striker, will that be considered abuse?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 08:20 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

il-pizu wrote:
it's all subject to debate though

i, for one, take care mostly of the main attributes for a player, rather than wage.. so if for example a 21yo 28k striker has better mains than a 21yo 37k striker, will that be considered abuse?

I doubt that a 21yo 28k striker has better mains than a 21yo 37k striker, could happen but it would be very wierd, in any case even if they had the about the same mains, secondaries would probably still be better in the second player.
Still, I do think that the term of abuse is quite clear, if you use a player of your own or a friend´s that is clearly a piece of crap (excuse my language eh eh) in 6 games, well that is in my humble opinion an abuse, the line is not that thin, I would say that there are different criterias to judge wether an abuse happens or it don´t, I do not think that anyone would get fired for using a normal criteria for his NT, abuses and therfor NT bans happen when there is no way to justify a manager´s actions.
We had a clear case last season with some team I can´t remember wich one was, but the case was not clear enough to be judged as abuse and therefor the manager achieved his NT goal and kept his team.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 09:10 
Veteran Manager
Veteran Manager

Team: Bordeaux FCDG
Division: 2C
Division:: 2C
example

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=34401 (9k, 19yo)

has better mains than

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=31923 (14k, 19yo)

not saying i'm choosing them in future games cos I will definitely find better players, just to quote an example :)

.........quick question

how do you realise that a 21yo will be better than a current 23yo when the 21yo will be 23

for example..

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=27732

vs

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=26508

how can you calculate if the 21yo player will have a better wage when he's 23yo than the current 23yo? is there some sort of calculation or it's a secret thing.. i've seen announcements on certain players where the manager calculates approximately the player's wage for the following season

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 13:21 
Legend
Legend

Nikolaidis wrote:
malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

That might have been couse you used your own players when there were better ones to use. Giving a mediocre youth 8 NT matches when there is another one better and you gave him 0 games, is an abuse, I am not aware of your particular case, but wich were the reasons you were given to be fired?

there were no reason gave to me I just got fired but no problem that's what you get when you made new rules during the season :?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2010, 23:14 
Legend
Legend

il-pizu wrote:

.........quick question

how do you realise that a 21yo will be better than a current 23yo when the 21yo will be 23

for example..

vs

how can you calculate if the 21yo player will have a better wage when he's 23yo than the current 23yo? is there some sort of calculation or it's a secret thing.. i've seen announcements on certain players where the manager calculates approximately the player's wage for the following season

The formula is unknown but it depends on:
- games played (number and type)
- level of training facility used each week
- a random element

There's no hard and fast way of estimating it given the random factor, but, with experience, you'll get an idea of how much players will improve and therefore be better informed to make a judgement call.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 16:04 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

there were no reason gave to me I just got fired but no problem that's what you get when you made new rules during the season :?

Like I said I certainly doubt you were fired couse there was a conspiracy against you. I do trust admins and if they fired you from your NT position I am sure that you did something you knew you shouldn´t do and that was the reason why you were fired.
I am also sure that rules being changed had nothing to do with you being fired.
I could be wrong, but are you sure you didn´t get any explanation of why you were fired? You didn´t asked why?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 16:11 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

il-pizu wrote:
example

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=34401 (9k, 19yo)

has better mains than

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=31923 (14k, 19yo)

not saying i'm choosing them in future games cos I will definitely find better players, just to quote an example :)

.........quick question

for example..

vs

Well there is no certain way to calculate how good a player will get, it´s all based on estimations. Some managers tend to look at updates trough different seasons, for example if a player got two nice updates in a row then he will most likely get a nice 3rd one too, but I do think that is also random (personal opinion) despite some players get mostly ****** updates.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 23:14 

malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

that is because before you were only allowed to play youths in friendlies. wou hadto your to win the WC unless you just lost. the YOuth strategy was only re-allowed a season or 2 ago I think...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 00:22 
Legend
Legend

Nikolaidis wrote:
malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
malinwa wrote:
Nikolaidis wrote:
Mister James wrote:

Like I said I certainly doubt you were fired couse there was a conspiracy against you. I do trust admins and if they fired you from your NT position I am sure that you did something you knew you shouldn´t do and that was the reason why you were fired.
I am also sure that rules being changed had nothing to do with you being fired.
I could be wrong, but are you sure you didn´t get any explanation of why you were fired? You didn´t asked why?

I never got an explanation but never mind that is a long time ago, but now I'm in the same situation my NAT team has to get 3rd maybe you can tell me when I can start using youth players without getting fired from my team

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2010, 20:33 
Amateur Manager
Amateur Manager

I think everyone is missing the point of this discussion. I understand the strategy of going to a youth team either once you reach your goal or if you think your youth team is good enough to get you the 1 point or finish 3rd. Even I have done this in the past. However, this still does not create a realistic simulation of the actual World Cup. Consider a team like Algeria. They pretty much have a 0% chance of winning the World Cup, but do you think they are going to send a youth team so that they gain experience?

I understand the strategy, I just think this creates a situation where the Cup is not as much fun as it could be for those that actually try to make it to the knock-out stage.

Offline Profile