It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 03:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:35 
Legend
Legend

Team: Stabæk
Division:: 3D
Martin, horrible players don't get in anyway. If you'd cared to take a closer look at my spreadsheet, you'll see it's just more than participation.

The squad status section as to aid me in choosing players. If I have two similar players, I'll have an extra factor to help me decide who to call up.

Look at it this way. I have an above average youngster whose manager has put a lot of faith in him and played him often this season. I'll be more likely to pick him over a better youngster with more points but who has been ignored by his own club manager.

I like to think of it as: If a manager is not going to play his own youngster, what's a few NT games going to do? Why give NT games to a player who's not going to have enough games to progress much anyway. I'd rather gve them to a player who's slightly less talented but has more chance of progression.

There's no way a horrible player who's been played a lot will get in though. The other factors like player stats also come into play. I'm more likely to choose a player with good stats over one with just wage and no substance. You force me to show my hand here, my own selection process finely tuned over the years.

I'd also like to point out that I just took over the Japan manager position a few days ago, so you can't pin any of the previous manager's actions on me. It looks like he chose young players at the start of the season and kept playing them till he was sacked.

You say Celeski has been preferentially treated. I can probably show you my previous spreadsheets and prove that he was among the best of his bunch (nay actually that was a pretty poor generation, he was more or less the only usable player in that age group when he was first called up). I do my due dilligence at the start and middle of every NT season and to cast doubt on my effort without much research on your own part, is frankly quite insulting.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:40 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Before people complain about a player who hasn't played for a NT, I always hope that they have shown the player to the manager and given him the chance to realise that the player might be a good choice for the NT.

About Lithuania, I simply disagree. I've been following this case for a few seasons now and so far I only spotted one anomaly there, even though the complaints about that nation are numerous. Before people file a complaint, I prefer them to actually look if there are better/more promising players around. Simply the fact that the play of the manager's club gets matches doesn't make a complaint valid. With Lithuania I got to the point where I'm inclined not to even research it anymore. I've looked at it too often. If you can show me players that should clearly be preferred, fine. But if the case isn't obvious, what is there to do?

Guys, please admit that it's possible to consider a 584 point 16yo as very promising. I'm a fan of influence when it comes to GKs. Not everyone is. In the same way we disagree on other aspects of judging players. We're not here to impose one paradigm of judging players onto managers. Peter Schmeichel and Henrik Hedegaard also could also quite validly have been picked. In my opinion we can't say that they are unarguably more promising than the 16yo.

According to my memory, it is the first time I hear about Torben Harboe and Søren Foght. Søren Foght is between young and mature. Many NT managers prefer to line up mature players during the WC and young players during friendlies, at the expense of 23yos. Did you get this explanation when you made an enquiry? Is unarguably more promising than Carsten Noe or Steen Kragelund, for instance? I doubt it, although I would prefer Søren Foght.

For Andreas Laudrup, one can validly blame me. Don't be surprised if action will be taken. By the way, does anybody think that my player deserved matches? http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=31289

Being arrogant doesn't break a rule in FG. I prefer a more humble tone though.

Martin, what specifically did the managers of Greece and Japan do wrong?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:41 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Olimpija wrote:
I'm sorry Martin, if his players are the best for his team, why then would it be cheating or taking advantage of the system?

Put your hand to your heart,AJ,and tell me with what your Gairns is better than my Stewart,for example? Just because he played many games in 4th division and scored some goals against some weak teams...he's already top striker? He have wage,that's all,and he'll play in NT until you're here.
Unlike some people i never wrote FGM's to NT managers,just pointed out some of my players at the forum when NT managers asked for youths.Of course,many would pick some great "talents" instead of unadvertised players.They're lazy to search.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:44 
Legend
Legend

Martin77 wrote:
Ev wrote:
Martin77 wrote:
And yes,i know the words "he have great wage"..."he is great talent"...rubbish! Jatex even tried to calculate how better is his own players instead of others.

Do you have some specific complaint to air here?

My complaints are against the system,Evgeniy! Nico is manager of Mexico...Cruz Azul would have 4-5 NT players for sure.Of course,usual song "look at his wage,great for his age".I don't have nor japanese,nor mexican players.Nor i manage any NT in last 10-15 seasons or so.But they look to exist in FG just to be in help of some people,i think.Let's think about some rules,forbidding the use of more than 3 own players in NT? I know at least 4 managers in FG that care just about the non-competitive NT games,if you know what i mean.

I have a Japanese team, and I take pride in grooming some of the nation's prospects. Not many do. It'll be nice to have a huge pool of talent from the other Japanese clubs of course but few take the effort.

If they had done so, you'd have seen the Japanese players come from a much smaller pool of clubs, most of them homegrown. The fact is, the other managers trade away their young ones for readymade first teamers. Teams like Junilo Iwata have been effectively pillaged, you can't find a suitable NT player there. Yet their youths have gone to many other clubs. That is why Yokohama has more NT youths than any other Japanese clubs. Is it my fault then that there is this disproportionate ratio?

And just to prove my case in point, you'll have noticed that two other Japanese teams has had quite a few prospective NT players. The team is Mitsubishi Urawa and Kawasaki. The reason for this is because they do not have any managers at all and thus the players haven't been traded in quite awhile. Unfortunately, this also means that the game engine has control of team selection and the players aren't properly taken care of. A few have played, but most of them have had zero appearances this season. It doesn't bode well for their progress and as the seasons go by, they will start to lag behind.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:50 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Jatex wrote:
Martin, horrible players don't get in anyway. If you'd cared to take a closer look at my spreadsheet, you'll see it's just more than participation.

The squad status section as to aid me in choosing players. If I have two similar players, I'll have an extra factor to help me decide who to call up.

Look at it this way. I have an above average youngster whose manager has put a lot of faith in him and played him often this season. I'll be more likely to pick him over a better youngster with more points but who has been ignored by his own club manager.

I like to think of it as: If a manager is not going to play his own youngster, what's a few NT games going to do? Why give NT games to a player who's not going to have enough games to progress much anyway. I'd rather gve them to a player who's slightly less talented but has more chance of progression.

There's no way a horrible player who's been played a lot will get in though. The other factors like player stats also come into play. I'm more likely to choose a player with good stats over one with just wage and no substance. You force me to show my hand here, my own selection process finely tuned over the years.

I'd also like to point out that I just took over the Japan manager position a few days ago, so you can't pin any of the previous manager's actions on me. It looks like he chose young players at the start of the season and kept playing them till he was sacked.

You say Celeski has been preferentially treated. I can probably show you my previous spreadsheets and prove that he was among the best of his bunch (nay actually that was a pretty poor generation, he was more or less the only usable player in that age group when he was first called up). I do my due dilligence at the start and middle of every NT season and to cast doubt on my effort without much research on your own part, is frankly quite insulting.

I'll just say one-two last things to close my conversation with you.I like the way that you picked and judged the players,but other managers don't do the same.How you can persuade them to play some youths without many chances for progress instead of their own ones?
And second,Celeski wasn't Celeski and wasn't australian.You made him and played him as much as possible in NT,managed by you,just to proclaim him later as sole talent of his generation,of course,he got some wage then.
Good luck with your efforts,at least you have clear sights for the developing of one team,no matter if it's club or national.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:56 
Legend
Legend

Hmm you're right about that bit. I almost forgot. Celeski wasn't Celeski when he first came out. Then again, as you pointed out there wasn't much else going for Australia at that time.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 22:57 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Orologio wrote:
Before people complain about a player who hasn't played for a NT, I always hope that they have shown the player to the manager and given him the chance to realise that the player might be a good choice for the NT.

About Lithuania, I simply disagree. I've been following this case for a few seasons now and so far I only spotted one anomaly there, even though the complaints about that nation are numerous. Before people file a complaint, I prefer them to actually look if there are better/more promising players around. Simply the fact that the play of the manager's club gets matches doesn't make a complaint valid. With Lithuania I got to the point where I'm inclined not to even research it anymore. I've looked at it too often. If you can show me players that should clearly be preferred, fine. But if the case isn't obvious, what is there to do?

Guys, please admit that it's possible to consider a 584 point 16yo as very promising. I'm a fan of influence when it comes to GKs. Not everyone is. In the same way we disagree on other aspects of judging players. We're not here to impose one paradigm of judging players onto managers. Peter Schmeichel and Henrik Hedegaard also could also quite validly have been picked. In my opinion we can't say that they are unarguably more promising than the 16yo.

According to my memory, it is the first time I hear about Torben Harboe and Søren Foght. Søren Foght is between young and mature. Many NT managers prefer to line up mature players during the WC and young players during friendlies, at the expense of 23yos. Did you get this explanation when you made an enquiry? Is unarguably more promising than Carsten Noe or Steen Kragelund, for instance? I doubt it, although I would prefer Søren Foght.

For Andreas Laudrup, one can validly blame me. Don't be surprised if action will be taken. By the way, does anybody think that my player deserved matches? http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=31289

Being arrogant doesn't break a rule in FG. I prefer a more humble tone though.

Martin, what specifically did the managers of Greece and Japan do wrong?

Marcel,i know that you looked very closely at Lithuania and Denmark in last seasons.Of course,no other teams could show better youths since Kaunas and Aalborg were heavily trained theirs in NT.Better wage =no arguments against them.But i don't know why most of the people here look only for the wage.What if that player is with bad stamina or bad main stats?
You gave some good examples in your post and i won't make mine.For Jatex...he just have more profit if he manage Japan instead of Australia.But in Greece case...some players without previous experience were called.I know that if i sold Samaras to Bill,he'll be called as well.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 23:04 
Legend
Legend

Martin77 wrote:
For Jatex...he just have more profit if he manage Japan instead of Australia.

Just wanted to point out that my players were already being heavily played before I took over (with the exception of slowpoke which is absurd because he's easily the best Japanese youngster I have).

The reason why I took over Japan was simple. Because the old manager didn't know what he was doing and because I have a chance to get another WC trophy if I train the next generation up properly. Australia... on the other hand doesn't stand much of a chance. I should know, I did the same in depth analysis of its players for the past few seasons.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 23:09 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Jatex wrote:
Martin77 wrote:
For Jatex...he just have more profit if he manage Japan instead of Australia.

Just wanted to point out that my players were already being heavily played before I took over (with the exception of slowpoke which is absurd because he's easily the best Japanese youngster I have).

The reason why I took over Japan was simple. Because the old manager didn't know what he was doing and because I have a chance to get another WC trophy if I train the next generation up properly. Australia... on the other hand doesn't stand much of a chance. I should know, I did the same in depth analysis of its players for the past few seasons.

Thanks that you agreed with me on some points.I agreed with you on others that you mentioned above,because i also checked all japanese youths and the truth is what you say.But the main question for me is the farming.It's a matter of tactics to be NT manager just because of building your own players?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 23:41 
Legend
Legend

I find my Gairns probably has a better chance of being a better striker then your kid atm.

Wage potentially. Stamina definitely, huge difference there. As for mains, your kid has 4 seasons on mine, so who knows. And to be honest, last season didn't even message about my players, this season I did. and several haven't been called up, but that's life and this game.

AJ (Olimpija 2B) says: why is everyone all of the sudden asking if he for sale and price?

Nuno says: cuz Eirk spreads the word faster than a prostitute spreads her legs

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 23:53 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

Olimpija wrote:
I find my Gairns probably has a better chance of being a better striker then your kid atm.

Wage potentially. Stamina definitely, huge difference there. As for mains, your kid has 4 seasons on mine, so who knows. And to be honest, last season didn't even message about my players, this season I did. and several haven't been called up, but that's life and this game.

Yes,that is my point.With some bonus from NT he'll be for sure better than mine player and you won't miss that option.Wage is quite important,stamina as well.So my player won't play for NT at all,but yours always ok.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 00:07 
Legend
Legend

my point is he'll be better without NT games too...

AJ (Olimpija 2B) says: why is everyone all of the sudden asking if he for sale and price?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 00:45 
Moody Argie
Moody Argie

Martin77 wrote:
Olimpija wrote:
I'm sorry Martin, if his players are the best for his team, why then would it be cheating or taking advantage of the system?

Put your hand to your heart,AJ,and tell me with what your Gairns is better than my Stewart,for example? Just because he played many games in 4th division and scored some goals against some weak teams...he's already top striker? He have wage,that's all,and he'll play in NT until you're here.
Unlike some people i never wrote FGM's to NT managers,just pointed out some of my players at the forum when NT managers asked for youths.Of course,many would pick some great "talents" instead of unadvertised players.They're lazy to search.

With a hand to my heart... There is no serious way to compare Gairns with Stewart, not in any way, unless Gairns gets the four worths consecutive updates in the history of FG he just can´t be worse than Stewart.
About Mexico, I haven´t made a spreadsheet like Jatex did but be sure that if a player deserves a call up then he is there already.
I allways give my own previous example, when I grabbed Argentina they sucked big time, now their goal is to reach the WC Semi-finals, well I think that my youth policy worked there right? About Mexico, If I am able to survive during the 3 upcoming seasons then I will have serious chances to become WC champion one day since the current crop of players I am training is top nodge and that is becouse (trust me) I have helped many managers (including myself) to train them.
My criteria is easy: Quality :arrow: amount of games played :arrow: wage.
If under that same criteria you can see someone who has been not called up and played, then please show him to me and he will be soon called.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 05:24 
Legend
Legend

Team: NK Olimpija Ljubljana
Division: Division 1
Orologio wrote:

If he isnt sure of the player's potential, he should give all 3 goalies equal number of NT games.

I have little hope that Kraugland will be better than Foght, Stats-wise.
And I have tried to give my player Foght MAX number of games since he came over, in the hope that his NT manager would give him more games, instead he got none. And i sent manager of Denmark (and Ulsan) 2 or 3 fgms, but got no reply at all. 23 is the last stage of youth, not mature, otherwisr why it be the age limit for yft? They're still counted young and there is really no reason why Foght OR Harboe got 0 NT games this season.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 05:29 
Legend
Legend

Team: NK Olimpija Ljubljana
Division: Division 1
And yes, he deserved matches, just like any other manager's players who were deserving but got none.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 07:16 
Legend
Legend

Martin77 wrote:
Marcel,i know that you looked very closely at Lithuania and Denmark in last seasons.Of course,no other teams could show better youths since Kaunas and Aalborg were heavily trained theirs in NT.Better wage =no arguments against them.But i don't know why most of the people here look only for the wage.What if that player is with bad stamina or bad main stats?
You gave some good examples in your post and i won't make mine.For Jatex...he just have more profit if he manage Japan instead of Australia.But in Greece case...some players without previous experience were called.I know that if i sold Samaras to Bill,he'll be called as well.

I would like to add.
when a player gets total number of games equal to all possibile (exagerated) in the NT(competitive+friendly) from the earliest age (30 caps till 20yo ???), he will get a lot better.
his players are considerably better then any on fg because of this reason. he took his own players and lend them to his nurturing team (ekranas) and made some deals also with wronki in earlier stages.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 07:23 
Legend
Legend

it is well known that you are a very reliable person, Marcel.
despite this fact and in regarding of the numerousity of the complaints
please consider that there is a distinct possibilty of a common conclusion that you missed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 10:21 
Legend
Legend

I can say Aaron had such a good team not because of NT, but b/c his players always got more then 30 games I think.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 10:55 
Legend
Legend

8O Amazing to see that one of the most logic NT selections (japan) has to be justified by their manager , if some of you would take the time to look at all NT's you would find some strange selections in 90% of the teams. and i'm talking also about teams still in the cup not only friendly's.

Some of you should check when the player was first selected for a NT-team and when he was transferd.....Just a possible scenario... i see a NT with some nice youngster getting games , i hunt down the different owners of those players and buy a total of 6 players , does that mean the NT-managers and I are friends and he is doing me a favor ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Jun 2010, 11:04 
All Star Manager
All Star Manager

roda_junior wrote:
And yes, he deserved matches, just like any other manager's players who were deserving but got none.

Hey Jon,would you do me a favor? I want to know if this player deserves to play for his NT?...or his stamina is too low and he shouldn't play at all?

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=28315

What about this one?...or his air is too low?

http://www.footballglory.com/players/pl ... p?id=28717

Thanks in advance!

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next