It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Youths for sale
PostPosted: 22 Dec 2020, 15:05 
Legend
Legend

Division:: 2A
The following players will go on auction this evening unless a top cash bid is made by midnight, please make an offer, don't ask 'how much' if the offer is good I'll accept, if not a counter offer will be made.

592pt 16 yo def
https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=81678

606pt 17yo def
https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=81677

587pt 17yo am
https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=80577

Offer must be concluded by midnight today if interested, otherwise look out for the auctions.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Star Youths for sale
PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 01:17 
Legend
Legend

16 yo sold.

Both 17 yo players now listed at reduced price

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 19:17 
Forum Nr1 Poster
Forum Nr1 Poster

I appreciate what you’re doing Mark but don’t think it’s appropriate for you to sign the players that you list from the teams you’re trying to improve.

Antony Emans

2A

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2020, 23:59 
Legend
Legend

eemo wrote:
I appreciate what you’re doing Mark but don’t think it’s appropriate for you to sign the players that you list from the teams you’re trying to improve.

I agree but like the player who sold for NKMaribor, I had one club saying he's not worth more then 25 million, I put him on auction, no one bids as everyone wants a last minute bargain, I placed the bid which started other clubs bidding, he sold for 35 mill, my only bid was the initial one to get the ball rolling.

Trust me the initial bid is my only bid, I will not increase it and frankly if no other club wants to buy them why should they go to waste?

Also if nobody else bids it must mean nobody thinks they're worth the money I've bid so surely that's not abusing the rules.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2020, 10:37 
Forum Nr1 Poster
Forum Nr1 Poster

I don’t doubt your intentions mate but we’ve already seen another manager move around trying to help other clubs albeit taking a slightly different approach to yours and think this just opens a can of worms.

I know Bryan was previously in favour of letting paying managers manage a 2nd team so hopefully that’s something that comes to fruition but I’d expect no transfers to be made between the 2 teams and think the same should apply here.

Antony Emans

2A

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2020, 10:42 
Legend
Legend

eemo wrote:
I don’t doubt your intentions mate but we’ve already seen another manager move around trying to help other clubs albeit taking a slightly different approach to yours and think this just opens a can of worms.

I know Bryan was previously in favour of letting paying managers manage a 2nd team so hopefully that’s something that comes to fruition but I’d expect no transfers to be made between the 2 teams and think the same should apply here.

I don't agree, if you look at the clubs I've been at recently very few deals actually go on between them, no more then deals with any of club in the game. If there is a decent youth and players don't want to bid on him why leave him to rot? I'd understand your view if the deals were poor, or no other manager had a chance to buy the players (straight transfer not auction). All I'm doing is improving several clubs with the transaction, some have low cash balances and need the money, plus have a team capable of winning games/earning money.

Who loses in this aspect?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2020, 12:13 
Forum Nr1 Poster
Forum Nr1 Poster

Like I say it’s more about the precedent being set. It would be a nightmare to administer. What’s to stop others taking over other teams and making transfers between the 2? And how do you prove they’re doing it for the right reasons? The simple solution is just to make a blank rule that no transfers can base made between the 2.

Antony Emans

2A

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2020, 14:05 
Legend
Legend

eemo wrote:
Like I say it’s more about the precedent being set. It would be a nightmare to administer. What’s to stop others taking over other teams and making transfers between the 2? And how do you prove they’re doing it for the right reasons? The simple solution is just to make a blank rule that no transfers can base made between the 2.

Yes I agree if you are managing both teams simultaneously. If team hoping, no direct transfers, all must be on auction, that way all managers have a chance to bid, and the auction must be for 3 days.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 19:21 
Legend
Legend

mrp007 wrote:
eemo wrote:

Yes I agree if you are managing both teams simultaneously. If team hoping, no direct transfers, all must be on auction, that way all managers have a chance to bid, and the auction must be for 3 days.

I have absolutely no doubt your intentions are good but i have to agree with eemo here, you cannot really make your own rules up. The auction example you give only really works when the secondary team puts a player up for auction, but you are now doing the same thing from the primary team.

For example, your primary team is selling a player here that you picked up on a free transfer just over a week ago, and getting a million pounds from one of your secondary teams for a transfer you would not have been able to otherwise make (presuming nobody outbids you) https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=66993

I'm quite sure you are not seeking to intentionally gain an advantage, but others may now feel justified in following the same rules you have set out with less honourable intentions.

Never changed teams.

World Champion (Norway) Season 18
World Champion (Norway) Season 20
World Champion (England) Season 27
World Champion (England) Season 29
World Champion (South Korea) Season 70
World Champion (England) Season 73
World Champion (England) Season 74

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2021, 23:52 
Legend
Legend

rich wrote:
mrp007 wrote:
eemo wrote:

I have absolutely no doubt your intentions are good but i have to agree with eemo here, you cannot really make your own rules up. The auction example you give only really works when the secondary team puts a player up for auction, but you are now doing the same thing from the primary team.

For example, your primary team is selling a player here that you picked up on a free transfer just over a week ago, and getting a million pounds from one of your secondary teams for a transfer you would not have been able to otherwise make (presuming nobody outbids you) https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=66993

I'm quite sure you are not seeking to intentionally gain an advantage, but others may now feel justified in following the same rules you have set out with less honourable intentions.

The player in question I don't think is overpriced and would be a decent buy for Bologna. Some of the clubs I manage have limited funds, if someone can show me a similar player for that price on auction or instant transfer I'd understand, but from my search when I was there I couldn't find any.

Yes he was obtained on a free transfer and no matter what club I'd have been at I'd have done the same thing and snapped them up, another player I got as a free at the same time has sold for 4 million today, he is 2 years younger but similar wage. All player sales between any clubs I manage are on auction, everyone has an opportunity to bid, therefore I think it's all above board.

In addition at any time the clubs can be taken over by another manager, the club is better off financially and on the playing side so I can't see who loses.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2021, 10:46 
Legend
Legend

https://www.footballglory.com/players/player?id=81576

Offline Profile