All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm back
PostPosted: 05 Mar 2010, 19:40 
The Special One
The Special One

Team: Galatasaray SK
Division: 4K
Hey,

Things are a bit less busy in RL now and i'll once again have time to work on FG. Finally.

I have a big project i'd like to start working on in the next few days but since it's still in the planning stages i decided it's best if i get input from everyone before i actually start coding it.

Here's what i want to do and how i want it to work:

Youth Squads

Every team will have their own youth squad. This squad will be separate from the main one and will be composed of players aged between 15 and 20 years old.

At the start of each season, some players from the youth squad will be promoted to the main squad. The number of promoted players is random and ranges between 1 and 3. Each manager will have a full season to pick who gets promoted and if no players are selected then the game will promote the most suitable ones automatically.

Also at the start of the season, the youth players who reached a certain age without being promoted to the main squad will be deleted and replaced with new ones.

Each youth squad will start with 16 players and never be allowed to have less than 15 or more than 18.

Youth Competitions

All youth teams will be involved in youth competitions: League, Cup, Friendlies and maybe even have national teams.

Initially, they will be placed in the same division as the main squad. If your club is on division 4E, your youth team will start there as well. I still didnt decide if they will be allowed to promote/relegate or if they will always stay in the same division as the main squad.

Youth Players

When youth players are created and placed into a youth squad, their skills will be slighly modified by the main team and youth team previous league positions (independent of division). Clubs who are successful within their league groups will receive slightly better players. This difference will be small and will serve only as an incentive to improve competitiveness.

Due to their young age, youth players will be hard to assess and their future skills will be hard to predict. They will only have a few generic skills, like "Attacking", "Defensive", "Tactical", "Technical" and "Physical" attributes. Each attribute will be rated in a 5 star system.

During the update, the youth players' skills will progress depending on their matches played and, to a smaller degree, their average ratings. Club division will not be a factor. Being amateurs, the youths will recover fitness slower than professional players so its highly advisable to rotate your players if you want them to maintain good ratings.

When a player is promoted, his final skills will be calculated semi-randomly, based on his youth skills and age.

Misc Info

Youth players will be allowed to move clubs only for money and/or player exchange with other youth players. Main squad players will not be allowed in the trades.

Please follow this link (http://forum.footballglory.com/viewtopic.php?t=38716) and post your questions/suggestions/concerns and i'll do my best to read and take them all into account.

Offline Profile