It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 16:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 15:07 
The Special One
The Special One

Team: Galatasaray SK
Division: 4K
The current transfer system requires a lot of human upkeep on the part of the admins. They have to check the deals and decide on a case by case basis. This is far from a perfect approach since so many variables come into the equation.
Here are a few suggestions that i think might help make the system more fair, harder to cheat in and use up less admin resources and time:

1) Not allow transfers made by two managers who shared the same IP at least once in the last 30 days. This means automatically block them before they're even made.

2) Not allow transfers made by two managers who shared the same computer at least once in the last 30 days. This means automatically block them before they're even made. (checked via MAC Address)

3) Add the option "Make this negotiation public" in the transfer negotiation page. When checked, the negotiation will be made public and everyone will be able to see it in a new page called "Public Negotiations", for example.

4) If any player in any negotiation is shortlisted by another manager, automatically send an FGM to that manager alerting him that the player he has shortlisted is being negotiated.

5) Dont reverse deals in which the "weaker" side manager has more than XXX manager points unless its blatant cheating or really unfair. By weaker i mean, the worst side of the deal.
The value of XXX isnt decided yet.

6) Make a page where any manager can report an unfair deal directly to the admins. (might have to put a limit on it to prevent spamming)

7) Create a group of users on the forums that will have access to a private section where they should vote for each "unfair deal".
The transfer admins will create polls in that section and the members of the group will vote on the outcome.
This will put the decision in the hands of more people and not just on 2 admins. I dont pay the admins anything so i really dont want them to have lots of work.

8) I might have had more in mind but forgot, please add your own and comment on mine.

Post your replies on this topic: http://forum.footballglory.com/viewtopic.php?t=32848

Offline Profile