It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 13:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ToDo List
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 11:43 
The Special One
The Special One

Team: Galatasaray SK
Division: 4K
Ok, what i'm going to post here now is usually a bad idea to post. I'll do it anyway because i want to be transparent and open to this great comunity.
This is a list of the things i want to do in FG and where i want it to go.
They are just my plans. Some or most of them might not ever come to life. Some might be quick, others might take a long time.
They have no dates or timetables attached.
That being said, here is what i want to do:

- Update the game rules page

- Translate the game to other languages

- Personal player announcements - Text area where the manager can write things on the player profiles of his players . (This idea came from a competition of suggestions we had long ago)

- Manually fix those hopelessly destroyed teams - Give them money and players or even replace them with new teams, depending on the situation.

- Manager referral system - You give your manager link to someone and if they register using that link then they are "referred" be you. For every 3 seasons paid by managers who were referred by you, you get a free season (for example)

- Add FG to game lists in sites so we can actively vote and have it on the tops to get more new managers.

- Change the YTF "player picking" system. All the training, upkeeps, scouts and coaches will remain the same, everything will remain the same. The difference is that i dont want everyone competing to get the best players at the first minute of every hour. Not only it is unfair to those with slower connections and very time consuming keeping many people home just for the YTF... it also is very hard on the server and the server was always very slow when everyone was reloading the page oves and over.
My idea is have a different list for each team that is only generated when you go to that page, no matter what time it is. It can only get a new list some hours later and no one can go get your list. This way managers can more easily manage their YTF without hurting their real life and the server will not be so badly affected because managers will no longer be refreshing the same page dozens of times (each) at the same time every hour. Player skills and training will remain the same so the game balance wont be affected.

I'll keep posting more as i think/remember them.
Please feel free to discuss those ideas or suggest new ones... i cant promise to make them all but i promise to read them all.

PS: If i ever start receiving many complaints about saying i promised things and didnt code them or that im taking too long or questions about when these will be made, i'll remove this post. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2008, 14:16 
The Special One
The Special One

Team: Galatasaray SK
Division: 4K
new item, for people with slower internet connections.

- Option to disable/enable flags and club logos. This way, users with a slow connection can disable flags on the options page. Since it's optional, it should be a positive change

Offline Profile